Rainbow baby is the term for a baby after the loss of a previous child. It is the understanding that a rainbow's beauty does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean that the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds.
(Borrowed from another blog...)
I was thinking about my beautiful boy a lot yesterday. It could be that I've been having such a rough time with Ayla lately, I don't know. I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with disciplining her. She's been throwing so many fits lately I feel like all she does is scream. The good news is that she seems to have stopped biting at daycare, for the mean time anyways.
The good news is that school is over for a couple weeks. Hopefully my grades brought my GPA back up, otherwise I'll have to file an appeal to the college and tell them all about Jonathan. I'm sure considering the circumstances they'll lift my probation status, but I was hoping my grades would do the trick. I find out on Monday and we'll see...
Glad the weekend is right around the corner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment