Sometimes I feel like it is the hardest work in the world to be part of a family. Why is that? And I don't mean my husband and children. I mean everyone else. It just seems like so much work to function and get along as a family. Is it the way I was raised? Is it the years of dysfunction piled on itself? I really don't know. It just seems to me that a group of people, bound by blood, genetics, and similar experiences would be more tightly bound together than I feel I am with most of my family. I hope that I create a greater need to connect with family in my children. I hope it's easier for my kids to get along, hang out, talk, share secrets... You know, all that good stuff.
“There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: One is roots, the other is wings.” ~Hodding Carter Jr.
No comments:
Post a Comment